Friday, September 15, 2023

Resting in Pamplona

Just a quick update.  Lori and I bussed to Pamplona yesterday.  We were planning on taking a rest day here and we decided to extend that one day.  Pamplona is a great city, so that's not too bad.

Yesterday I was shopping around, without luck, for a Garmin inReach Mini 2. This is a GPS communicator that allows for contacting emergency services, sending them your location.  I would have used this coming down that mountain if I'd had it.  No one here seems to have it.  I think it is possible that these kinds of devices are not allowed in Spain, some countries regulate them.  I guess we will just have to do without.

On a positive note, while shopping around I walked nearly 7 miles around Pamplona.  My legs are certainly sore, but I did it.  Walking on the streets is one thing, walking on the Camino trail is another.  Still, it is a positive development.  Today I am starting a Prednisone taper, hopefully it will help improve how my legs are doing.  We will try walking on Sunday, keeping our distances shorter.  All we can do is try and re-evaluate.


guess what we're doing today.

Our wonderful lunch server.
Never got her name!

2 comments:

  1. Prayers for strength and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you are in camino-shape at the conclusion of your rest days!

    ReplyDelete